Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The One With The First Of The New Generation

On 8 May 2009 at 2216 hours (Argentine time), I got an sms from Ma saying that my brother (Izuwan) 's wife (Ain) had given birth to a healthy 3.2kg baby boy.

My first thought was "Oh, forgot they were preggers."
Yes, that's so typical me.
And the fact that I missed their wedding coz someone shredded my leave application to return to Malaysia for that occasion,
made me realize I'm missing out on my brothers' milestones.

Another brother of mine (Fahmee) told me that they named the baby Alexander.
I was disappointed, coz I wanted to use that name for my own.
(wink wink, babe)

It wasn't till a few days later did I manage to talk to Ma.
She said that baby Izzafiq (see picture below) looked so much like me when I was born.

Really, Ma? REALLY?!


Looks more like a mini Yoda.
The hood didn't help none.

So, yeah.
I'm now officially an Uncle.

I'm still undecided on where I stand on kids.
I want to have some of my own one day
(WE do)
But for the moment, I'm not sure if I like kids.
But, they seem to like me lots.

Sigh.

Welcome to the World,
Izzafiq bin Mohd Izuwan

4 comments and hollabacks:

z.a.i.r.e.e.n said...

congrats UNCLE Eriq! You will sure make one helluva great uncle! *wink* :)

gambit said...

Congrats to Uncle Eriq.

Olpicture said...

"a great uncle you shall be..." this is how Yoda phrasing his sentence rite? ha ha

ZaTiL said...

congrats uncle Eriq :)