Today I realized (as most of us do at least once in a while): I've abandoned my blog.
Not to say that I've not done much with my life: I've just been lazy.
So, anyhoot, before the year comes to a close, a recap of what's happened this month.
I've been moved around at work. I'm no longer doing South and Central America. I'm currently just handling one Asian country. This would be a total change for me, since I've never just handled ONE country. I feel that this change is a shame, considering I've become well versed in my former region of abode. Plus, I cherished the chance to practice my Spanish with the Latin American diplomats working in Kuala Lumpur. But, alas, I reckon the powers that be have other plans for me. Also, I was bummed out because I had just moved into a nicer office room with more space and an amazing view with windows (a commodity not given to most in HQ). But I had to leave all that and move to a smaller room with NO windows. And ,after I cleaned it up and added my own colors to it, the one word people described the room is "cozy".
Exactly one week ago, I turned 31 years of age. I've never been one to go all out to celebrate my birthday - though you won't know this from the past 2 birthdays I've had in Argentina. And I am one to not expect much for my own birthdays. This comes from the fact that I was born a day after my dad's birthday, so all my life, I've had to share birthday celebrations with him. Hence, I've not cared much for my own. And this year, my relatives didn't disappoint me. As can be expected, nothing but a few well wishes from them. But that's what friends are for! Thanks for thinking of me and sending out birthday wishes to me. Thanks for those who called from halfway across the world. Thanks for the cute cards. Thanks to the two of you who treated me to a birthday lunch. Thanks to the amoi who baked me a scrumptious chocolate moist caked (that I made last a whole 4 days). And thanks to the GangBangers (you know who you are) who organized the "surprise" birthday dinner. And thanks to Mi Sol for the bouquet of a floral masterpiece. Though the bouquet is starting to die out, the aroma still fills the apartment with much love.
In one week it will be a new year. What will be expected next year? For me, a lot of major changes. But, in what sense? I'm not sure yet. But my clairvoyant mind predicts that it'll be full of new adventures and challenges. So, we'll have to wait and see.
In the meantime, I'm enjoying eating my way out of 2010.
1 comments and hollabacks:
amboiii....u really did hv reliable frens....nice!
Post a Comment