Monday, August 4, 2008

The One With The Saying: "Never Love Someone More Than They Love You"


A friend of mine (forgot who) once told me:
"Never love someone more than they love you"
(Or maybe I heard that from a movie)

I never did get that saying.

Who cares who loves who more?
Who cares if my love for someone is more?
Or vice verse.
As long as two people love each other
That's all that matters, right?

WRONG!

Now it all makes sense.

When you love someone
And you love that person with all your heart
Nothing in the world can deter you otherwise

When everything that other person does
Or think
Or behave
Or say
Seems to be right
To be true
To be the essence of life

Then you know you're in trouble

When you find yourself questioning
If what you feel for someone
Is being felt the same
Towards you

When you doubt
Because they never say it back
The words you've often said
To let them know how you feel
But never heard uttered from their lips

Then you finally realize
That you love them more
Than they love you




You give your hand to me
Then you say hello
I can hardly speak
My heart is beating so
And anyone can tell
You think you know me well
But you don't know me


No, you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night
And longs to kiss your lips
And longs to hold you tight
Oh I'm just a friend
That's all I've ever been
'Cause you don't know me


I never knew
The art of making love
Though my heart aches
With love for you
Afraid and shy
I've let my chance to go by
The chance that you might
Love me, too


You give your hand to me
And then you say good-bye
I watch you walk away
Beside the lucky guy
You'll never never know
The one who loves you so
Well, you don't know me


You give your hand to me, baby
Then you say good-bye
I watch you walk away
Beside the lucky guy
No, no, you'll never ever know
The one who loves you so
Well, you don't know me

I can only give you love that lasts forever and a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own, for you and you alone.

That's all That's all.

I can only give you country walks in springtime.
And a hand to hold when leaves begin to fall
And a love who's burning light will warm the way tonight.

That's all.. That's all.

There are those I am sure who have told you.
They would give you the world for toy.
All I have are these arms to enfold you
And a love time can never destroy.

If you're wond'ring what I am asking in return dear.
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say its me that you adore for now and ever more

That's all that's all.

There are those I am sure who have told you.
They would give you the world for a toy.
All I have are these arms to enfold you
And a love time can never destroy.

If you wond'ring what I am asking for in return dear
You will be glad to know that my demands are small,
Say its me that you adore for now and ever more

That's all. That's all.
That's all that's all

That's All
That's all I'm asking. That's all I'm asking
That's All. That that that's all.

That's all.
That's all.
It's the little little things that you do for me. I love. I love.

That's all. That's all

0 comments and hollabacks: