Today, I finally went to the dentist to do my dental extraction surgery,
After postponing it due to months of health scare.
The extractions were to make space to move my teeth around so that the braces can align perfectly.
How many extractions?
FOUR!!
In the morning, I gave myself the painkiller injection that the dentist told me to take prior to the dental surgery.
You'd THINK that would have helped some.
Guess not.
Through out the 2 hour dental surgery, the dentist went through one and a half capsules (not sure how many ml) of anaesthetics.
I'm usually fine with needles, but in the mouth . . . That freaks me out.
And the syringe he used was metallic and big. More freaking out.
Let's just say, by the end of the surgery, my lips were so bloated, my tongue felt like it wasn't there and I couldn't speak.
The receptionist, upon after I got out of the surgery, tried to make conversation with me.
I mumbled something about not being able to talk and a numbed out mouth.
He laughed.
I think I smiled, but couldn't tell with the numbness.
Ok, so that's left me 4 teeth less in my mouth.
From now on, all smiling will be done with mouth closed and no teeth showing.
Beauty knows no pain . . .
. . .. Till it meets the dentist.
4 comments and hollabacks:
braces? hehehe... i dlm 1 year warranty lepas bukak braces in May 2009. now pakai loose retainer (on/off) and permanent retainer at the back of my teeth (atas/bawah).
takde experience lagi on tooth extraction, tapi pernah buat root canal (3 weeks ago). can feel ur numbness ;)
which type of braces u pakai? mahal tak kat sana?
I have to wear the steel braces in front of the mouth, coz my teeth are not shaped to allow me to wear braces behind. Actually, sini lagi murah dari buat kat Malaysia. Kat negara kita tu, buat braces mmg antara yg mahal I perasan.
Eriq, i pakai braces dkt depan juga, pakai belah dlm tu tak begitu digalakkan. Mine last time was ceramic braces (color samer dgn gigi). Permanent retainer nie je pakai belah dalam, tapi mmg tak mengganggu la.
Kalau ikut US rate (dollar to dollar), lebih kurang je dgn m'sia for steel braces about $4-5kUSD.
it was almost 13 years ago since i had 4 teeth extracted sbb nak pakai braces....serikkk!!!
skarang kalu tgk rupa gigi mcm kena pakai blk je...huhuhu...so i lost those 4 teeth 4 nothing!
but eversince i had my wisdom teeth removed, haku mcm udah x sanggup jumpa dentist lg....how lah?
Post a Comment