So last Sunday I decided that I wanted to cook shrimp curry.Or at least TRY to . . .
I ended up being too lazy.
But I had the shrimps thawed.
So, instead of putting it back in the fridge, I decide to experiment on a new recipe.
"Oh, sure", I thought.
"Be too lazy to cook shrimp curry, but not lazy enough to do something totally weird."
So, here it is:
Ingredients:
Shrimps
1 tomato
1 potato
bread crumbs
1 egg
sea salt
olive oil
black pepper
2 tablespoon milk
cheese
Steps (as I did it):
To make the batter:
In a bowl, mix the eggs, bread crumbs, sea salt, black pepper, cheese and milk
(add more milk if texture is too thick)
Then add in the shrimp and mix well.
Let marinate for an hour or so.
Pre-heat oven
(like I would know how hot or how long to pre-heat it)
Boil the potato (with skin) but not too soft. After that's done, cut into quarters.
Cut the tomatoes in quarters.
In a pan, drizzle lightly the olive oil to cover the base.
Place the cut tomatoes and potatoes on the outer parts of the pan.
Place the entire batter mix in the middle of the pan. Spread well.
It should look like thisPlace the pan in the oven and let cook
(I'll leave it to your intuitions to decide when the thing is done)
End result:
It's ideal as a snack (minus the tomatoes and potatoes)Pointers for next attempt:
Consider grilling the tomatoes and potatoes to have a crusty layer.
The first attempt saw the tomatoes and potatoes a little squishy.
Drizzle squeezed lemon for added zist!
Use a table spoon of fish oil in batter mix.
Use sea salts that are bigger in size
(I can't find any here)
So, if any of you guys try this recipe out, do tell me.
And let's compare notes.
8 comments and hollabacks:
laaa... awat tak experiment dgn lobmonster???
Mak oi . . . Laju nyer dia bagi komen. Orang BARU jer post the entry like 10 minutes ago.
sini takdo lobmonster, akak nyer oi. Orang sini tak berapa pandai makan sea food. Tu pun the shrimps I beli like a week before. Mahal, ok!
kalau ader rumah... i want to have stove installed at the kitchen.
stuju ngan olpicture.
stove itew penting bagi kesejahteraan sesebuah rumah
Ko masak apa tu? Boleh dimakan ker?
HELLO! harus lah boleh dimakan.
now frying experimental fried chicken while answering to this. no photos available.
Hazel:sometimes picture doesn't do justice to the food we've cooked! but gambar makanan Cheeky pah selalu menjadik... have to get pointer from her!
Am I still high or ur masakan looks like jeruk buah-buahan?
Post a Comment