Sunday, July 13, 2008

The One With The Sweet Moment During The Chaotic Grocery Shopping

Last Saturday, I was aisle surfing through the lanes of Jumbo in my ritual weekly grocery shopping. As usual, irritation and annoyance nearly got the better of me, as I swerved past trolleys placed in the middle of lanes by irresponsible shoppers as well as past absent-minded people who, god forbid, have the slightest consideration for others, as they just stood there, blocking the lanes, deciding on which pasta type they will buy.

This scenario is common, and I, known for my various levels of patience, have tolerated it thus far. But, I still mutter curses and death threats under my breath everytime I encounter such inconsiderations. Of course, with my iPod blarring in my ears, I would not know if any of them could actually hear me - or comprehend the English language that I uttered with immense profusion.

All the above (and more) fueled my usual frustrations with people of the human race. But, as I made my way to the check-out counter, I found myself trailing behind an elderly couple. Walking slowly, the husband (assuming he is), suddenly grabbed the toosh/behind/butt/ass of the wife, in a not so subtle way. Delight overcoming first surprise, the wife jokingly hit the man. Chuckling, he placed his arms around her waist and together proceeded down the aisle, the lady giggling with delight.

It was then that I found myself smiling for the first time that day. That sweet moment restored my faith in humanity. And for hope that anything is possible, if true love is involved.

1 comments and hollabacks:

Anonymous said...

i despise ignorant shoppers oso...which is soooo common in msia....

tp i jeles dgn mcik tua tuh...huhuhu....makes me wonder will i b her in 50 years?