For the few of you who know me, my culinary skills are somewhat an ok ability. I can't cook Malaysian food to save my soul, but my baking is excellent.
So far, I've done a few Malaysian dishes here for my friends and colleagues, including imitations of friend kuew teow, fried rice, fried banana [see a pattern?], some sort of veges in coconut sauce, nasi lemak (its soooo easy, as I found out), sambal (spicy red sauce - with chicken, anchovies, seafood or egg), cekodok. Simple stuff, since I don't know how to make other food.
But last Friday, I baked my first cake. Chocolate moist cake with chocolate icing. Was supposed to eat it with Jessica, since she was the one bugging me to bake it. But ended up eating ALL of it by myself (over a 3 days period). Not to blow my own horn, but it was soooooooo good. Now having the final pieces in the office while waiting for lunch. I so need to work out like mad to compensate for my lack of eating discipline.
Ps: Jehan, unlike SOME people (and when I say SOME people, it means YOU), I don't make it a habit of taking photos of the step by step cooking of the food. But I welcome your recipes.
Monday, May 19, 2008
First Cake in Argentina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments and hollabacks:
Post a Comment